Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science & Engineering):
|1997 - 2001||National Institute of Engineering, Mysore||First Class with Distinction with an average of 74%|
|Founder, Software Architect and Web Developer|
|December 2005 - Present|
Created PawBill from scratch - a billing, support and automation solution for web hosts.
Some of the important features I worked on are:
- Credit card encryption, decryption (using AES) and storage routines
- Payment gateway integration with Authorize.net, PayPal and Google Checkout
- Domain registration integration with eNom and ResellerClub (Directi)
- Account provisioning integration with cPanel/WHM
- Support ticket system with client support portal
- PDF invoice generation
- Drag and drop support across iFrames
- TinyMCE integration to compose emails
A demo of the application is available on the PawBill website.
|QA Engineer and Software Developer|
Cisco Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
|August 2001 - November 2005|
Initially worked as a QA Engineer on the Cisco Catalyst 8500 series of ATM switches. I then moved on to software development on the same platform. Later, my knowledge of network management protocols like SNMP and TL1 took me to development on the Cisco ONS 15310 and Cisco 15454 optical networking platforms.
- Participated in testing for 7 releases in areas of SNMP and ATM like Signaling, ILMI, Circuit Emulation Services, Snooping, OAM, IMA, IP over ATM, tag-switching, etc
- Involved in testing 4 features in the areas of SNMP traps, ATM Resource Management, CES SVCs and Counter Preservation
- Took up complete responsibility of SNMP automation, created 3 libraries including a traps library and scripted around 10 MIBs using Tcl.
- Responsible for scripting of CES and Snooping using Tcl
- Fixed over 60 bugs in the areas of ATM, SNMP and TL1
- Implemented security features such as HTTPS support and chained security certificates for ONS 15310, ONS 15454 and ONS 15600
- Implemented TL1 support for a new card on the ONS 15540
Activities and Achievements
- Submitted and fixed bugs on open source projects like Mantis Bug Tracker and Swiftmailer
- IEEE member from 2001 - 2008
- Attended the 12th CSI Karnataka Student Convention held at NIE - Attended a 3 day seminar conducted by The Computer Society of India at NIE
- Project at the end of the Programming in C++ with OOP course at Yashas Softek - Made a program to store data about articles in magazines and retrieve it as required. Includes an interactive interface and search facility.
- Shell Scripting
- Smarty Templates
- MS Visual Web Developer
- Mantis Bug Tracker
- Clearcase DDTS